June 2, 2023 - June 4, 2023
Vermillion Players Pavillion
A Few Good Men Auditions
Friday, June 2, 2023
Vermillion Players is excited to announce auditions for A Few Good Men written by Aaron Sorkin and directed by Dylan Webster! We are looking for 14 men and 1 woman. Auditions will be held on Friday, June 2nd from 5-7 pm and Sunday, June 4th from 1-3pm at the Vermillion Players shed located at 202 S. Pearl St., Pontiac, IL. Please prepare a dramatic monologue of at least 1 minute in length. You will also be asked to cold read from the script. If you are unable to attend auditions in person, please send a video of your monologue to firstname.lastname@example.org . Minimum age to audition is 18. THIS SHOW IS RATED R FOR LANGUAGE! If you have any questions, please contact director Dylan Webster. This show is produced by Cortney Blair and Meghan Harper.
Roles being cast:
-Pfc. William T. Santiago (Victim): About 19 years old, sincere & sensible
- Lance Cpl. Harold Dawson (Defendant): About 20 years old: stoic, serious, bold, aware, intimidating even in silence, caring in command
- Pfc. Louden Downey (Defendant): About 19 years old. Obedient and respectful. His intelligence is slightly below average.
- Lt. j.g. Daniel Kaffee (Lead Defense Attorney): Late 20s. Easy-going and quick-witted. He is good-looking, talented, and smart; and he knows it. He tends to think that he knows everything.
- Lt. Cmdr. Joanne Galloway (Defense Attorney): Early 30s. All-business. ALMOST as fully composed as she would like to be but, usually, more composed than others tend to think she is. Her quick wit tends to take others by surprise.
- Lt. j.g. Sam Weinberg (Defense Attorney): Late 20s. Laid back, he does his job with reasonable diligence, but he is a family man first and foremost.
- Capt. Isaac Whitaker (JAG supervisor): Mid 40s to early 50s. Smart and sensible, not strict
- Capt. Matthew Markinson (GITMO Company Commander): Late 30s to early 40s. Stoic, logical, and strictly military. Served in Counter-Intelligence for 17 years.
- Lt. Col. Nathan Jessep (GITMO CO): Late 30s to early 40s. Self-confident to-a-fault. Bold, Intelligent, Ultra-Military, Tyrannical
- Lt. Jonathan James Kendrick (GITMO Winward XO): Late 20s to early 30s. Stoic, fanatically religious, average intelligence but believes himself to be much smarter than he is.
- Capt. Jack Ross (Prosecutor): Early 30s. A nice guy but not a sucker. Logical and sensible.
- Cpl. Jeffrey Howard (Platoon-mate of victim and defendants): Early 20s. Probably likable to fellow Marines, but snide to those outside the Corps.
- Capt. Julius Alexander Randolph (Judge): Mid 40s to early 50s. Smart, sensible, fair.
- Cmdr. Walter Stone (Doctor): Mid-late 40s. Sensible but easily swayed
- ADDITIONAL ROLES: Sentry, Lawyers, Marines, and Military Police (MP)