Message from the Chief of Police
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your visit to our website. The mission of the Pontiac Police Department is to work in partnership with the community to protect life and property, solve neighborhood problems and to enhance the quality of life in our city. The site contains information about who we are and the services we provide. Our number one priority is accomplishing our mission with unconditional respect for all. We believe respect is not earned but an inherent part of our very being. I hold the officers of the Pontiac Police Department to lofty standards and I expect you should too, but most importantly, the officers hold themselves to the same high standards.
- Full Service Patrol Unit
- K-9 Unit
- Parking Enforcement
- School Resource Officer in PTHS and District 429
- Sex Offender Registry (Offender Watch icon on right side)
- Nixle Alerts
- Tactical Response Team
Provides rules for hiring and some governing powers as given by 65 ILCS 5/10 et sequence.
Additional Department Services- No Fee
- Fingerprinting (Volunteers, passports...) Ink only, no livescan
- Get FD258 (Applicant print card to FBI) Here. You must print it on stock paper. More info at https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
- Group and Business Training
- Crime Prevention
- Identification Training for Alcohol and Tobacco Sales
- Crime Trends and Police Response (Scams, elderly, retail)
- Gun Locks- Project Childsafe
- Notification Services by text and email (pontiac.org alert center and Offender Watch)
- Safe Passage Detox Initiative
- Pharmaceutical Take Back (P2D2) Controlled Substances and Uncontrolled
- Residential House Checks
- Temporary Parking Permits
- Temporary Firearm Storage (During temporary stay in skill care etc.) call for approval-815-844-5148.